We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Rest assured, all opinions are my own.
This is my most recent Income Report, Social Stats, and Blogging goals!
JULY 2017 – DECEMBER 2017 BLOG INCOME REPORT
If you’re new here, you may be wondering why in the world I would share this information. I was hesitant to do so at first; however if my story can inspire even one person to see a solution in finances, health, fitness, or just… life, then my mission will be accomplished.
If you aren’t new here or you are familiar with income reports- skip ahead, I have made some exciting progress!
I am publicly posting this income report to better define my goals, plan ahead, and share a quick peek at what has been accomplished so far! There are many ways to make extra money online and in ‘real life’ too. So here it is:
My Business Story: Second Six Months
- After years of hesitation, I launched this blog in January 2017. At the time I was still employed as a teacher. Although I loved the students dearly and had a very comfortable position, I knew I needed more and I knew I had to expand my reach. So at 3AM on a Tuesday, I launched my blog. I spent countless hours before and after school obsessing over blog strategies and details. It was work, but so much fun. I felt excited about life again.
- I Sold Everything and Moved to the Beach. Again, dreaming for years of living in a small town with a big beach- I finally made the leap, stretching my risk muscles once again. I sold everything on Facebook Marketplace over the course of 3 years, and you can read all about in my post!
- I rebranded and redesigned my blog. Some have questioned my personal branding, but after reading an article from my blogger friend, Melyssa Griffin – I decided to name my blog after myself. This way I can keep my blog going long-term, let it change as I change and adjust as I adjust. With this personal branding, I am able to use my blog for more than just writing posts. I offer Media Services and Courses from the same page. Again, a personal decision. I’d rather have one blog that serves as my ‘everything’ than several blogs that I have a hard time keeping track of. So far, I am happy with these decisions and I look forward to continuing to grow even more.
- I’m now able to work on my blog full-time. It’s awesome! I quit my teaching job much too early, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have my lights turned off (twice) but I had to take the leap and make these sacrifices.
- I’m a full-time MBA Marketing Student at CSU Orange Beach! Classes are going well.
- I made it to the CrossFit Games! (On the Broadcast Media Team).
HOW IS BLOGGING BUSINESS SO FAR?
Business Accomplishments second 6 months:
- I was invited to the 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games as a Member of the Media & Broadcast Team!
- Gained 148K monthly views and 500+ Followers using these specific Pinterest Strategies
- I took on 3 New Web Design Clients: Pelican Insurance Agency, MPI Posture, and Mebel Cabinets Gulf Coast
- Finished the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course and Collaborated on projects with my fellow students
- Made my first (of many) affiliate sales! #lovepassiveincome
- Published tons of social media and website content services for Gulf Shores CrossFit and Pelican Insurance Agency.
- Switched my website to SSL ! I know a guy. Thank you, Grayson Bell.
- Updated my Media Kit
- Updated my Recommendations page
- Added a Media Services Store and Page Navigation on my Top Menu
- Updated old posts using new strategies
Goals for Next Month
- 3 New Website Clients
- $3500/month or $300/day
- 300K Monthly on Pinterest / 600 Followers
Social Reach: 162,451
Social Statistics are an important part of influencer reach. My reach is a combination of all social media channels.
- Pinterest: 504 followers, 148K monthly viewers
- Facebook: 203 Page Likes, 464 Friends
- Email Subscribers: 120
- LinkedIn: 585
- Instagram: 297
- Twitter: 158
- YouTube: *NEW*
- Email: 120
- Site Traffic: 12,000
I have focused the most on growing Pinterest, which is the account that is performing the best. Now that I have a few months under my belt, I am going to continue working Pinterest and start focusing on growing my email subscriber list.
Tools I Use to Grow my Social Media Reach
I use these (4) tools to help grow my social media reach:
- Shareaholic Plugin
- Sumo Plugin
With these three tools, plus manual sharing I am slowly rebuilding my new audience.
Current Projects I am working on:
- Meeting with Annalisa Parent, The Writing Gym
- Starting a MeetUp for Digital Marketers in Gulf Shores
- Creating a Free Course and Pre-Sale Advanced Course
- Answering Media Questions via Blog Posts
- Building my Book of Business
- Building my Email List
These are my big goals for January 2018. I will be updating my income reports monthly this year.
INCOME & EXPENSES
Total Blog Income July-Dec: $10,575.00
My total income has increased a lot in the second six months. I am focusing on Web Design Clients and providing Social Media Services, including website content.
- Media Services: $6,000.00
- Web Design: $4,000.00
- Affiliate Marketing: $425.00
- Tailwind Credit: $30 (not included in total)
- SiteGround Hosting Referral: $150
Learn Advanced Affiliate Marketing from Michelle! Make money while you sleep.
I did not run sponsored content. I have a limited amount of display advertising content and I have not maximized my service potential yet. As you can see, I am barely getting by! I supplement my blog income with a financial aid check for school (which I can just tally up to owing back to student loans), help from family members (thank you!) and taking on side-jobs like pet-sitting on Rover.
My income goal for January 2018 is $3500 for the month. I plan to focus on media services and affiliate marketing through blog posts and social shares. If you or someone you know needs a website or web makeover, please send them my way! I can set them up with a beautiful website remotely!
Blog Expenses July-Dec.: $399.40
I’m keeping my blog expenses as low as possible as I try to catch up on my debt and build my monthly income.
- SiteGround Hosting: $3.95/month!
- SSL Switch $42
- Canva for Work: $5/month
- Hootsuite: $295/yr
- Tailwind: $15/month
- GSuite Gmail: $5/mo
- Invoice Maker $2.99/mo
I had to drop ConvertKit ($29/mo) which I really miss and hope to get back soon. In the meantime, I will use MailerLite to collect email addresses. I also want to purchase the Genesis Framework ($59.95) and StudioPress premium themes when I have a comfortable amount of money flowing in to the business. Honestly, I didn’t want to pay for Hootsuite but I didn’t cancel the auto renewal so now I’m finding ways to use it. Don’t get me wrong, I like Hootsuite but I can’t exactly afford it!
Still Catching Up!
Between income and expenses, you can see that I am still catching up! I have been a pro-blogger and virtual assistant since 2010 so I knew this would take a while to get started as a new venture in a ever-changing online world.
I have been trying to pace myself, but I’d say it’s time to run this thing full speed.
Thank You’s: Bloggers That Have Inspired & Supported Me
Big Thank you’s so far go out to the following bloggers for their inspiration and support! (These are just a few!)
- Briana Carter, BargainBriana
- Michelle Shroeder-Gardner, Making Sense of Cents
- Tracie Fobes, Penny Pinchin’ Mom
- Eva Ben-Sira Ron, Happy Bloggin Mom
- Melyssa Griffin, Entrepreneur
- Routh Soukup, Elite Blog Academy
- Amy Powell, Fresh Press Media
- Holly Johnson, Earn More Writing
- Mason Woodruff, MasonFit.Com
Thanks for your support!
As Seen On:
- Purdue Entrepreneurship & Innovations Alumni – Boiler Up!
- BargainBriana.com: Virtual Assistant & Content Contributor, ‘Get Fit Friday’ Author
- Previous Report: Blog Income Report First Six Months (lots of bad links- on my to-do list to fix!)
- Monthly Reports: Next Up January 2018
How You Can Start a Website or Blog
A good website or blog starts with a great host. You can get hosting for less than $100 for the year by signing up for WordPress Hosting ($3.95/mo) through SiteGround. I just switched my site from Bluehost to SiteGround and I love it! It’s so fast!
Work At Home
Have you ever wanted to work from home? Work-at-home expert, Caitlin Pyle is leading a Work At Home Summit. Reserve your free seat today!
Learn Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is one of my favorite ways to earn passive income. I get paid to share my favorite products and services with others- sometimes even when I’m sleeping! You can learn affiliate marketing by signing up for Michelle’s course, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
Earn College Scholarships
My student loan debt is the biggest debt I have (other than a mortgage). I saved $80,000 on college costs, and wished I would have pursued more college scholarships, but I didn’t realized that you could earn scholarships long after high school graduation. Scholarship search teacher, Jocelyn cuts the pain out of scholarship search and applications, finding you the money you need to get your college education. Check out her Free Scholarship Program Webinar Today!
That’s all for today!